BARRISTERS & Solicitors
We are your law firm.
Listening to our clients makes us a better partner in helping our clients to achieve their objectives.
We understand the value of commitment and strong relationships. Our clients can always rely on us to assist them through challenging times in their personal lives, whatever that challenge may be.
J. Douglas Grenkie
Douglas Grenkie received a BA from the University of Waterloo in 1965, and an LL.B from Osgoode Law School in 1968. Doug was called to the Ontario bar in 1970. Doug carries on a general practice of law including family, small claims litigation, commercial, municipal, estate, real estate and criminal law. He was appointed as a Queen’s Counsel in 1980.
More about Douglas
Doug has acted as both an Assistant Crown Attorney on a part-time basis as well as Federal Prosecutor at the Morrisburg Provincial Court. Since 1978 he has also acted as an Inquiry Officer for the Ministry of the Attorney General. Doug has appeared before various tribunals in all areas of his practice including Criminal Inquires Compensation Board, Workers Safety Insurance Board, Landlord and Tenant Board, Social Assistance Review Board, Alcohol and Gaming Board and Ontario Municipal Board.
Doug has participated in the community for many years including:
- Member of the Morrisburg and District Lions Club (for over 30 years)
- President of the Dundas County Cancer Society
- President of the Eastern District of the Cancer Society for the Ontario Division (1984)
- Board of Directors for Ontario Division of the Canadian Cancer Society
- Owner, manager and coach of the Junior Lacrosse team from Morrisburg
- Secretary-Treasurer and now Treasurer of the Morrisburg & District Canadian Club (for 35 years)
- Past Master of Excelsior Lodge, A.F. and A.M., No. 142 Morrisburg
- Member of the Cornwall SD&G Shrine Club
- Member of Karnak Temple in Montreal
- Member of the Board of Directors of Morrisburg Temple Holdings Inc. (which manages a building housing the Morrisburg Pre School, Order of the Eastern Star, Upper Canada Playhouse rehearsals and the Morrisburg & District Lions Club)
- Member of Lakeshore Drive United Church, Morrisburg
- President of Upper Canada Playhouse (1983)
- Board of Directors, for over 20 years, of Partners for Children in Development
- Involved in every provincial and federal election, since 1963 (scrutineer, canvasser, poll captain, area captain and Campaign Manager)
- Member of the SD&G Law Association; a member of the Leeds-Grenville Law Association
- Member of the International Commission of Jurists
- Member of the Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (served as President in 1988-89)
- Foreign Conference Director of the Ontario Bar Association (since 1995)
- Founding Settlor and Trustee of the Advancement of Legal Education and Research Trust (ALERT) created in 1987
Jodie C. Reynolds
B.Soc.Sc., LL.L., LL.B.
Originally from Montreal, Jodie grew up locally in the town of Long Sault and attended primary and secondary schools in Cornwall. She later obtained her undergraduate degree in social science (criminology), as well as her Licence in Civil Law (LL.L), cum laude, and Bachelor of Law (LL.B), cum laude, from the University of Ottawa. She returned to complete Masters in Law – Family Law (LL.M) at Osgoode Hall Law School.
More About Jodie
When called to the bar in 2004, Jodie was awarded the Civil Law prize and Trial Lawyers plaque for the highest mark attained by a student in the Civil Law barristers examination. Jodie articled in Ottawa and returned to Cornwall as an Assistant Crown Attorney for five years before joining the firm in 2010.
Jodie has significant court experience, first with the Crown Attorney’s Office and now in private practice.
A true believer in providing dual representation to clients facing simultaneous family law and criminal law matters, Jodie strives to ensure that one does not overly impact the other and to ensure her clients are fully aware of their rights.
Jodie is a panel member for the Office of the Children’s lawyer and provides pro bono services through Luke’s House, to assist victims of domestic violence living in remote areas with limited access to legal counsel.
Jodie is fluently bilingual in French and English and provides legal services in family law, child protection, criminal law, wills and estates and real estate.
MBA, JD., Associate
Alexander Heath is a lawyer serving the United Counties of Leeds & Grenville, and Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry, from Brockville to Cornwall. He has an MBA and JD, and is licensed to practice law in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
More about Alexander
Alex lives in Brockville, and works out of Prescott, primarily in real estate and wills & estates, and the litigation (i.e. disputes, legal actions and court work) that can arise in these areas. He also enjoys helping local people with their immigration needs. Alex has a personal interest in helping families with a disabled adult or dependant child to plan for the future.
Alex was a broker and financial planner with RBC out west, before he became a lawyer. His services included financial, retirement and estate planning; and he helped people with financial products including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, segregated funds and life insurance. From there, Alex joined the Calgary Health Trust where he helped donors plan major gifts, using bequests, gifts-in-kind, publicly-traded securities and endowment funds.
Alex and his family moved back to Brockville in 2007. He is a Board Member of Loaves and Fishes, a community-oriented, non-profit restaurant and also an active volunteer with Refugees for Brockville and United Welcome–a joint effort of local United Churches working to resettle refugees. Alex loves acting, and is often performing on stage or in dinner theatre with the Brockville Theatre Guild. Most of all, Alex enjoys family life in the Thousand Islands with his wife, Kim, and their four children.
J. A. Jonatan Larochelle
Jonny is a committed criminal defence lawyer who will tirelessly advocate on your behalf in English or French.
He is determined to provide the best legal representation for any criminal matter.
More About Jonny
He can also assist in a variety of civil cases, including family law and estate matters.
A graduate of the University of Ottawa’s common law program, Jonny is a member of the Criminal Lawyers’ Association and the Ontario Bar Association. He also sits on the Legal Aid Criminal Law Panel and the Legal Aid Family Law Panel.